- Would head offices providing centralized HR, Finance and IT functions also need to raise invoices to its branch- Yes, if the head office and branches are distinct persons as specified in section 25(4), invoice is required to be issued and GST should also be paid.
- Where free replacement is provided to the customers without consideration under warranty, no GST is chargeable on such replacement. In such cases goods may be sent on delivery challan as provided in rule 55 of the CGST Rule, 2017
- How the invoicing should be done for free goods given along with sale so that corresponding input tax credit is not required to be reversed for products under scheme?- Invoice value would include value of all goods including those supplied free. In such cases, ITC is not required to be reversed
- How to send demonstration equipment and instruments to customers or branch offices with in India on returnable basis? – No sale is involved- As the goods are sent on returnable basis and no transfer of title is involved, it is not a supply of goods. If some element of service is involved, the same will be a taxable supply. The goods may be sent on delivery challan without invoice as it is not a supply of goods.
- How to send equipment and instruments to manufacturers’ factory for repairs and calibration with in India on returnable basis? – No sale is involved.- Challan for movement of goods without supply is to be issued in terms of Rule 55 of CGST Rules.
- Mistakes done in GSTR Returns can be corrected in subsequent returns to be filed through amendment Table (For example Table 11 of GSTR-1). Such mistakes can be corrected till the due date for filing of the return for the month of September subsequent to end of the year or filing of the annual return, whichever is earlier.
- No ITC is permitted to GTA engaged in providing GTA services which are under RCM and are treated as exempted supplies in the hand of GTA. However, if GTA is also liable to pay tax under forward charge as supplier, he is not permitted to avail ITC if he is claiming the concessional rate of 5%. If ITC is claimed, the GST rate for GTA in forward charge will be 12%.
- The compensation to employees in the form of money is not a supply. However, fringe benefits are supply of goods or services and are liable to tax if not exempted. These are transactions in furtherance of business and even if supplied without consideration, the same are deemed supply
If you have any query regarding this Click Here