- Annual aggregate turnover for availing composition scheme increased to 1 Cr. (Special category states-75Lacs except J&K and UK)
- Composition scheme can be availed till 31.03.2018 by both- migrated and new tax payers.
- Persons providing exempt services but otherwise eligible for Composition Scheme can now avail the benefit.
- Relief from getting registered, if turnover less than 20 Lacs and dealer involved in inter-state taxable supplies.
- Quarterly returns (GSTR-1,2&3) from third quarter (Oct-Dec 2017) if turnover up to 1.5 Cr with quarterly payment of taxes from Quarter 4.
- GSTR-3B to be filed monthly till Dec 2017.
- Reverse Charge Mechanism on supply from
- Would head offices providing centralized HR, Finance and IT functions also need to raise invoices to its branch- Yes, if the head office and branches are distinct persons as specified in section 25(4), invoice is required to be issued and GST should also be paid.
- Where free replacement is provided to the customers without consideration under warranty, no GST is chargeable on such replacement. In such cases goods may be sent on delivery challan as provided in rule 55 of the CGST Rule, 2017
- How the invoicing should be done for free goods given along with sale so that corresponding
1. ‘Carry forward’ of Input Tax Credit (ITC) as available on appointed day (i.e 1stJuly, 2017)
(I) Every registered person under GST is eligible to claim ITC against CENVAT credit carried forwarded in return pertaining for the period immediately preceeding appointed day(i.e on 30th June 2017) subject to satisfication of certain prescribed conditions:
- That amount of credit is admissible as ITC under GST also
- That all Returns for preceeding 6 months were filed under existing laws and alsoadmissible credit is reflected in last returns filed (i.e as on 30th June 2017)
(II) Electronic application … Read more