Mutual fund is an investment programme funded by shareholders that trades in diversified holdings and is professionally managed.Your Fixed Deposit may be offering decent returns with little option for liquidity, while the stock market may give you decent returns with easy liquidity and slightly higher probability of losses. A Mutual Fund is a fine balance between the two offering you good returns while providing you with decent liquidity.
Tax saving mutual fund schemes or ELSS (Equity Linked Savings Schemes) are one of the best tax-saving option available under Section 80C, qualifying for up to Rs.1.5 Lakh of income tax deductions. … Read more
Goods and service tax (GST)
The GST is a new concept that simplifies the giant tax structure by supporting and enhancing the economic growth of a country. It is a comprehensive term levy on manufacturing, sale and consumption of goods and service at a national level.
Goods and service tax bill or GST also referred to as the constitution (one hundred and twenty-second Amendment) bill 2014 initiate a value added tax to be implemented on national level. In India, GST will be an indirect tax at all the stages of production to bring about uniformity in the system.
Positive impact … Read more
Assessment of impact on digital advertising companies
- For services rendered by a digital advertising company, it charges a service tax @15%
- For input services availed by a company, it claims an input tax credit (“ITC”)
- However, a digital advertising company is not eligible to claim ITC on any products used in producing digital content or capital goods purchased by it
- The company file its service tax return on half yearly basis
- Two returns annually which can be revised within a period of 90 days from date of filing
Goods & Service Tax (“GST”)
Registration : Registration is mandatorily … Read more
Organised retailers do not expect the Goods and Services Tax (GST) to impact their sales despite general fears that it could disrupt businesses, and hope to be fully ready for the uniform tax regime in the next few weeks. “As GST will be rolled out from July 1, we have to be prepared. It will lead to better compliance and an organised way of doing things,”
“We are not anticipating any sales disruptions. Nobody has expressed concerns on that…For retailers, benefits will come as and when manufacturer change the prices, which we, in turn, will pass it on to … Read more
GST Laws in India mandate that all registered persons under GST maintain records and accounts in a specified manner. Every law of Direct and Indirect Tax in our country also mandates that information in a prescribed manner has to be captured and preserved for a certain period of time. In this article, we look at the list of records to be maintained under GST in detail.
Present Tax System:
- Excise Duty : Under Excise, the general records to be maintained are the RG-1 register (Daily stock account of excisable goods), Form IV register (Register of receipt or issue of raw
… Read more