- Would head offices providing centralized HR, Finance and IT functions also need to raise invoices to its branch- Yes, if the head office and branches are distinct persons as specified in section 25(4), invoice is required to be issued and GST should also be paid.
- Where free replacement is provided to the customers without consideration under warranty, no GST is chargeable on such replacement. In such cases goods may be sent on delivery challan as provided in rule 55 of the CGST Rule, 2017
- How the invoicing should be done for free goods given along with sale so that corresponding
There has been a change in the way Income Tax Department (ITD) is processing the income tax returns (ITR) for financial year 2016-17.
This has led to Intimation u/s 143(1)(a) being issued to a lot of taxpayers with even the slightest discrepancy in their return.
How returns were processed till 2016:
Only tax details declared in your ITR were matched with the tax details available in your Form 26AS.
How returns are being processed in 2017:
Now all details declared in your ITR w.r.t. Income (gross total income, taxable income, other income like interest income, etc.) / Deductions / TDS, … Read more
GSTR-3B filling is under progress and the last date for GSTR-3B filling is 20 August 2017. Please find below the step by step guide on how to file GST Return-3B.
Step by step guide on how to file GST Return-3B
1. After login, select Return Dashboard
2. Select Financial Year 2017-18 and Month July. Click Search and Select GSTR-3B
3. Declare your liabilities and ITC claims in Section 3.1 and 4 respectively by clicking on the tiles and furnishing the required information. Transitional ITC cannot be claimed in GSTR 3B. It can be claimed only through TRANS 1 and TRANS … Read more
Points Related To Reverse Charge Under GST as Per FAQ Issued
- There are two type of reverse charge scenarios provided in law. First is dependent on the nature of supply and/or nature of supplier. This scenario is covered by section 9 (3) of the CGST/ SGST (UTGST) Act and section 5 (3) of the IGST Act. Second scenario is covered by section 9 (4) of the CGST/SGST (UTGST) Act and section 5 (4) of the IGST Act where taxable supplies by any unregistered person to a registered person is covered.
- Any amount payable under reverse charge shall be paid by
1. ‘Carry forward’ of Input Tax Credit (ITC) as available on appointed day (i.e 1stJuly, 2017)
(I) Every registered person under GST is eligible to claim ITC against CENVAT credit carried forwarded in return pertaining for the period immediately preceeding appointed day(i.e on 30th June 2017) subject to satisfication of certain prescribed conditions:
- That amount of credit is admissible as ITC under GST also
- That all Returns for preceeding 6 months were filed under existing laws and alsoadmissible credit is reflected in last returns filed (i.e as on 30th June 2017)
(II) Electronic application … Read more